I was a little late getting this one up due to some technical issues. Still, better late than never. Here’s this/last weeks DevBlog.
- Patreon: Patreon has been set up and Launched. I did a post on it so you can read up on the how and the why here.
- Patreon Widget: I’ve added a widget to Scruffy Mutt & Alchemy so people can easily access the Patreon page from anywhere on the site. Its the Orange button that says “support on Patreon”
- Widgets Removed: I’ve removed some widgets that are no longer needed or weren’t needed in the first place. Comments, meta and a few others are now gone. This helps streamline the site.
- Stock Images: I’ve created a set of new stock images to go with the new site branding. These will replace older images and be used for generic posts such as the devblog and posts of that nature.
- RTR Videos: All the Road to Relaunch videos are now uploaded to YouTube and are scheduled to be released. They’ll come out every Friday.
- Background Colour: The Background colour has been changed to white. This was done to make the site easier to read for anyone with reading issues (Such as Dyslexia).
- Sidebar Colour: Now white as per the reasons for the Background colour.
- Text Colour: All the text should now be black. This again is so most people should be able to read it without issue. I had a problem with the heading text being white but that should be resolved now.
- Header Image: I’ve decided to keep it darker for now.
- Tutorials: All the Tutorials have been taken down off of this site and are being redone to be put up on Alchemy. They are more fitting with the type of content that is being put up on that site.
Changes to Implement
- Social Media: The branding for the most part is now done. Some pages like Google and some of the lesser used social media outlets need updating
- Vimeo: Still looking into if its worth setting up at this time.
- Daily Motion: Still need to set this account up.
- RTG Videos: I have still have to write all the articles that go with the road to relaunch videos.
Patreon Scheduling: As a Patreon, one f the rewards is you can get videos early. Due to the way YouTube works I can’t leave a video Unlisted and make it Scheduled. Also if its unlisted it can be shared anyway so kinda defeats the point of it being exclusive for one set of people. Looking into how to sort this.